Wednesday, April 17

Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm

SAM_4588-001

I craved the Reve de Miel lip balm for a good six months or so before I finally made the plunge. At around £10 for the little pot it always seemed too expensive for me but I jumped at the chance when I saw it for 1/3rd off at esscentual.com.

This natural lip balm contains a handful of nourishing ingredients: honey, plant oils, shea butter and grape fruit oils. The texture is pretty thick and slightly waxy but manages to penetrate the lips and moisturise. As the balm warms up it can get a little more oily but on the lips it gives a matte finish. The smell is gorgeous too, just like lemon curd with a hint of honey, a beautiful non sickly scent.

I was hoping that this would be the solution for my permanently dry chapped lips. It wasn't but it has helped. I was a little disappointed that this wasn't the miracle product I had hoped for but I can't deny that it is the longest lasting balm that I own. If I apply before bed it sticks around till the morning and it does keep my lips moisturised and nourished.

I bought the balm stick at the same time. It has a completely different texture to the balm, I find it to be more oily and less penetrable. It has the same citrus scent but I find myself reaching for a standard Nivea balm over this as I just feel that they sink into my lips more.

SAM_4595-001

You can buy the balm for £9.50 inc. delivery at FeelUnique.com and the stick for £5.50. I still think the price is a little steep, but you only need to apply a tiny smudge at a time and the pot is larger than most. Overall I think that paired with my ultimate faveourite - Blistex relief cream, a sugar lip scrub and maybe a pair of handcuffs to stop myself tearing away at the dry skin on my lips, a pair of sumptuous soft lips might be on the horizon.

1 comment:

  1. I really want to try these - the pot form more though! Lovely in depth post :) I'm new to blogging but have some posts coming up! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting :)