Saturday, May 18

Benefit They're Real Mascara

SAM_5277-001

This month Elle are giving away a mini Benefit Mascara with every magazine.

Benefit's They're Real Mascara is designed to lengthen, curl, volumize, lift and separate - that's a pretty tall order. The wand is a plastic comb with medium length plastic bristles all over including on the ball shaped end. I'm not used to using a plastic brush, I prefer a bristle brush, but I was pleased to find that the wand coated all of my lashes evenly and without clumps.

The wand definitely gave me length, it separated my lashes giving a full effect, and gave me lift and curl as well. I don't think it gives a huge amount of volume but I love the separated, full lashes that it does achieve.

SAM_5185-002SAM_5183-003

Overall, it's great. A really really great mascara.I don't think it quite beats my all time favourite Yves Rocher Sexy Pulp mascara, but it's certainly a close second and I enjoy reaching for it when I want something different. That said, I wouldn't fork out twenty pounds for the full size, simply because I just can't afford it.

Benefit's They're Real Mascara is £19.50 for 8.5g and is available from Benefit, Boots, FeelUnique as well as many pharmacies and department stores.

The June issue of Elle is still on sale with a free 4g sample. Elle costs £4 which is just over a 5th of the cost of the full size mascara so it's a great deal if you want to try it out or if you already like it and want to save some money. I think I might try and hunt down another copy before the month is over!

2 comments:

  1. Hey hun, I'm following you on bloglovin on this blog now too. I have this too from elle magazine and really like it too, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I just checked out your blog, it's great! I'm following you on bloglovin' too x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting :)