Sunday, June 15

Lush’s Angels on Bare Skin

SAM_0238-001
I’m now onto my third or fourth tub of this lovely scrub so I thought it was about time I mention it.
I was recently looking for a new exfoliator to try, just because I wanted to switch things up a bit, but then I came across this petition concerning tiny plastic particles in scrubs which are polluting the ocean. So I decided I’d stick with my tried and tested, wonderfully natural exfoliator from Lush.

The Angels on Bare Skin cleaner is mostly made up of ground almonds along with glycerine, kaolin and some essential oils (full ingredients list below). The almonds make a very gentle exfoliator suitable for daily use, but they are also very effective at smothing the skin and cleansing pores. Kaolin helps to absorb grease and dirt – you usually find kaolin in a good clay mask.
The texture is really different and unlike any other scrub I’ve used. In the pot it is a super thick moist paste (not as gross as it sounds). To use the scrub, take a little in your hand and mix in a small amount of water until the texture turns milky, massage into your face all over, focusing on any congested areas. It leaves my skin feeling lovely and soft and smooth and not stripped at all (though my boyfriend does not care for the lavender bits left in the sink!).
I use this on my face daily as my only manual exfoliator, and it does the job really well. I like to exfoliate frequently to get rid of any dirt and grime in my pores and also to create a smooth base for my make up. Angels on Bare Skin is effective but gentle enough for daily use.
Angels on Bare Skin is available for £6.40 (100g) or £16 (250g) from Lush. I would recommend the smaller size as being a natural product is can go off over time, and they are the same price gram for gram anyway. You can also keep this in the fridge to keep fresh.
Angels on Bare Skin ingredients: Ground Almonds, Glycerine, Kaolin, Water (Aqua), Lavender Oil, Rose Absolute, Chamomile Blue Oil, Tagetes Oil, Benzoin Resinoid, Lavender Flowers, Limonene*, Linalool*.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)