Sunday, August 10

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation

SAM_7069-001
If I’m honest, I’m not really much of a foundation girl. I feel like I’m being blasphemous and admitting a beauty sin because what kind of beauty blogger doesn’t love foundation? I’ve just never got on with it really, though in my younger days I did of course go through the Maybelline Dream Matt Mousse phase (hands up if you remember that too).

So many foundations look cakey on my skin, highlight any dryness and usually make me look orange. So on a day to day basis I find it easier to cover up and imperfections with concealer, dab on some powder and leave it there. However, on days where I want to make more of an effort and really even out my skin, there’s really only one foundation that I turn to: Revlon’s Nearly Naked.
SAM_7064-001
I’ll start off by saying that the colour match isn’t perfect for me, it does look a little dark, more so in natural light. But shade 110 Ivory which is close enough to make it work with a little neck blending.
The formula is where this really stands out for me. It’s a very blendable liquid and easy to apply; I like to use my fingers followed by my Real Techniques Buffing Brush. I would say it’s a light to medium coverage, smoothing over any blemishes, redness and even blue tones under my eyes but not completely hiding my freckles.
I would say the finish between satin and dewy. It’s definitely not matte but it isn’t so dewy it feels like it might just flip off. It adds a lovely glow to my skin which makes me look really healthy even when I’ve had less sleep than I should have and I’m feeling less than perky.
It contains spf20 which is a pro and con for me. Pro for the added protection, con for the risk of camera flashback. The packaging is fairly basic, I would prefer a pump, and though the glass bottle looks nicer, plastic would be easier for travelling.
SAM_0382-002
Wearing nothing but Revlon’s Nearly Naked Foundation
On the whole, this is a brilliant foundation. I was just testing it out on my arm and it really smoothed over the skin, evening out pigmentation, hiding my veins and adding a warm glow but it still looks like skin!
You can buy Revlon’s Nearly Naked foundation from Boots, Superdrug or Ulta for £8.99 ($10.49).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)