Thursday, February 4

Bright Skin Secrets


I've started commuting to London again and learnt how damn cold it is this February! Cold weather, lack of sleep and an early start to the day is not a good recipe for bright skin - here are a few of my winter savious that will brighten your complexion in no time!
First up is a liquid highlighter from the affordable drugstore brand, Seventeen. I've had this for a while but have somewhat neglected it. I still can't decided if I prefer liquid or powder highlighter but I love this formula for mixing with a foundation or primer to give a healthy all over glow to the skin. It's also very pretty blended out on the cheekbones and dotted on the cupid's bow.

I love bringing a little colour back into my face with a flush of blush. Benefit's Cha Cha tint is a somewhat magical formula. It looks startlingly orange on the brush but once blended onto the cheeks it warms to a more pinky tone that flatters my skin like nothing else. I love using this for a really natural makeup look as it seriously brighten's my skin and gives me a healthy peachy glow.

More colour but in the lip department - I love a bright lip in the winter (take a quick look at my Bright Lips post for solid evidence!) and Revlon's Ultra HD lipstick in HD Hydrangea is my current favourite. This bright slightly coral toned pink looks great with just a slick of mascara, perfect if you only have five minutes in the morning. If I'm feeling something a little bit darker, I opt for the shade petunia.

Finally, one of the quickest ways to perk up my face is with a swipe of Rimmel's Scandaleyes nude kohl along the waterline. This is perfect at brightening up the eyes and faking a solid eight hours sleep. The nude shade hides any redness and opens the eyes without looking as obvious as a white liner.

There are my secrets to brighter skin in the cold winter months - I'd love to hear yours!

Seventeen 3 Way Highlighter, £5.99, Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl, £3.99, Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick, £7.99, Benefit Cha Cha Tint, £24.50

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)