Friday, May 6

Disappointing Product: Topshop Smoke Stick

I love the idea of eyeshadow sticks. A quick and easy product that helps to create a one step makeup look. Build up a smokey eye in seconds. Unfortunately so many of the eyeshadow sticks or eyeshadow pencils that I've tried end up looking crease, too sheer and rough in texture on the lid.

I picked up three of the Topshop shadow sticks in a gift set and was excited to Tey out the gorgeous metallic shades. A peak nude,  a champagne shimmer and a deep chocolate bronze.

These swatch ok and are nicely pigmented. The lighter shades have a beautiful metallic shimmer while the brown is a little less shimmery but not matte.

Unfortunately when applied to the eyes these were pretty awful. While the formula is creamy enough it applied very patchy and sat on the skin rather than blending in. When blending out the product looked smudge and uneven. I can't comment on the lasting power because I haven't worn these enough to test it out.

These are issues I've had with similar product before so I'm not surprised. I think I may just be very picky with cream eyeshadow formulas, I'm looking for something smooth and blend able with an even pigment that sets down.

I love the No7 Shade and Define sticks, they're brilliantly smooth and long wearing. I would recommend those over the Topshop Smoke Sticks any day.

Topshop Smoke Sticks, £6.50

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)